Spring Garden Pictures

on Monday, March 31

Just had to share some pictures of my garden from Spring. Since my backyard is partially shaded by some very large doug fir trees, we have a prolonged spring and summer since my flowers and shrubs tend to take a bit longer to bloom. I love the springtime with everything coming back alive from being dormant. Plants are shedding fresh green growth, trees are putting out their leaves and the spring bulbs speckle the landscape with bright colors. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Photobucket
Daffodils

Photobucket
Coral Bark Maple Acer Palmatum 'Sango Kaku'

Photobucket
This is a close up of the Coral Bark Maple putting forth its leaves. It sort of reminds me of a baby bird hatching with its tiny wet little wings. Soon these leaves will broaden and be a nice spring green.

Photobucket
Tulips just starting to turn color. These are some of Dana's favorites. She has loved tulips ever since her trip to the Ukraine when she was in college.

Photobucket
My bleeding heart just emerged from its underground slumber. At the end of last summer I accidentally stepped on it and snapped the main stalk coming out of the ground. I was worried that the plant wouldn't come back since I had recently planted it. I was glad to see this guy coming back up in the spring. It just goes to show you that if you have great roots, you can have some trauma in your life and get resurrected in a new season!

0 comments: