Heroic Handyman, Speech Contest & Teething Boy

on Thursday, May 22

Howdy friends!
A few recent happenings at the Klinkner household. Most notably would be that Dara scored 3rd place out of the entire 2nd Grade at Kingsway in the speech meet!
Photobucket
Each one of the students were required to memorize a poem and recite it in front of the class. The top three then competed against the other top 3 students from the other two 2nd grade classes. Dara scored 3rd place overall with her dramatized version of "The Mouse" by Elizabeth Coatsworth. If you would like to see her you can watch her speech recital right here:

We are very proud of her!

Now for our second hero... ME!!
If any of you know me very well, you know that when it comes to handyman projects I am mostly inept. Well, I surprised Dana and myself this week when our dishwasher handle broke and I ended up taking the door off and replacing the entire latching unit on the dishwasher by myself (with a little encouragement from my neighbor Jerry). Shocking, but true! I ended up saving a nice little chunk of change by not paying for a service call from an appliance repair company and having someone do it for me. Here's proof of my studliness in action:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Awwww YEAH! Who's in da HOUSE? Shawn is!

Lastly- some pictures of our little slobber monster, Josiah. He is 75% of the way on being able to roll over from his tummy to his back and from his back to his tummy. He has been pretty fussy this week and salivating like someone on the next to the last day of Survivor as they look at a sizzling cheeseburger and fresh french fries. Here's some pics of the lad:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed this brief yet exciting journey through the highlights of this last week. I will leave you now with the promised recipe from my last post. It is simply a fresh take on frozen veggies:

8 oz frozen corn
8 oz. frozen green beans
6 oz fresh baby spinach
1 Tbl. Olive Oil
Costco's Organic No Salt Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tsp. Balsalmic Vinegar

Saute frozen corn and green beans in olive oil on medium high heat until crisp and cooked through. Reduce heat to medium low and add the baby spinach, stirring regularly until just wilted. Add salt and pepper and Costco's No Salt HErb Seasoning (this stuff is awesome and only about 4 bucks for a huge bottle!) to taste, and add balsalmic vinegar, stir well and serve. Its Delish! Enjoy friends- talk to you soon!
Shawn

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Tell Dara that I am SO proud of her (and that is coming from someone who placed many years in the Kingsway speech meets LOL... I have VERY fond memories of those meets!).

And Josiah, well he is just SO adorable and snuggly looking, makes me want to go grab Aiden and give him a squeeze LOL!